The school actively seeks feedback from all stakeholders in order to improve practice and provision. Parents are formally consulted through School Self Evaluation Questionnaires in Term 1 with regular opportunities to give additional feedback through Open Evenings, Parent Consultation interviews, Curriculum Events and other focus groups.
In 2013-14 the school decided to gather more detailed and objective feedback focusing on a variety of needs and employed ‘Stoneworks’ to conduct detailed interviews with a range of families and to produce case studies to reflect and demonstrate the work and impact of the school in a number of key areas which included:
· Meeting the needs of pupils with additional or special need;
· Supporting mid phase admissions;
· Managing and meeting the needs of pupils with challenging behaviour;
· Extending and enriching provision to meet the needs of more able or gifted pupils;
· Supporting parents through transition.
These case studies, we believe, have given very useful and helpful feedback which contributes to further planning for school improvement.
We would like to thank each family for giving up their time and for providing such detailed and useful feedback.
If you are unhappy about something in the school, please read the following guidance set out by the school's Governing body
Help Leaflet for parents - 2014